Goldn, LLC © 2019 All rights reserved
Reports To: LPN/DON
Jobs Supervised: None
The resident assistant provides direct care to residents following the individual resident care plan, treating each resident with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the residence.
- All resident assistants are required to attend mandatory RA meetings unless they have prior approval from the DON. Failure to attend RA meetings will result in progressive discipline up to and including termination.
- Maintains required CEUs per calendar year as required by the state of Minnesota and Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Provides direct care to residents per the RN care plan and ADL sheets; assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and personal care. Delivers medication and administers insulin injections and accu checks per the established schedule under the direction of the RN. Initiate and perform planned activities in the memory care unit.
- Assists residents with the activities and getting to and from activities and meals according to the care plan, encouraging residents to socialize and participate in the meals and activities.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments.
- Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and adequate fluids while respecting the residents’ right to free choice.
- Records and reports changes in residents’ eating habits to the LPN’RN.
- Delivers meal trays to apartment per the LPN/RN.
- Observes the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the LPN/RN.
- Documents medication records and ADL sheets in the resident chart.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for residents:
- Performs common area cleaning per schedule
- Changes resident bed linens weekly per schedule
- Washes personal clothes and linens weekly per schedule
- Collects residents’ personal trash daily per schedule
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and obtains additional assistance.
- Knows location of each resident, including reminding the resident to sign out when they leave the building. Notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, families of residents, visitors and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
All on-call staff need to work at least 3 shifts per month and attend all RA meetings or your position will be voluntarily terminated.
Must be 18 or older
High school diploma or equivalent
Certified nursing assistant preferred
Able to communicate effectively
Knowledge of medical terminology
Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgment
Ability to exhibit professional behavior and attitudes
Ability to kneel, crouch, stoop, site stand and stretch
Ability to climb stairs
Ability to push and pull up to 30 pounds
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Ability to reach above and below shoulders
Ability to use fingers to grasp, twist and pull.
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the resident assistant position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Dietary Manager
Jobs Supervised: Food Service Workers
The Cook is responsible for food preparation and overseeing the daily preparation of the breakfast, lunch and dinner meals in the assisted living setting including direction of food service workers to accomplish this task. The Cook is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen.
- Prepares daily hot food items for meals
- Pulls items from freezer.
- Converts recipes and batch cook, pan label freeze or refrigerate.
- Insures timely production of food for each meal.
- Follows recipes and standards.
- Assists the Dietary Manager with ordering food and supplies
- Plans and prepares the order for the next week’s menu with the Dietary Manager.
- Checks in orders and helps put stock away.
- Supervises food service staff in meal production and safe food preparation techniques
- Ensures that the staff prepares food using sanitary and proper food preparation techniques and standards including proper food serving temperatures.
- Ensures that the staff follow all “HACCP” standards.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Ensures that staff understands and adhere to corporate standards of conduct and job performance.
- Ensures that the kitchen area is safe and maintained according to state and local sanitary standards
- Ensures that the kitchen is cleaned daily according to the established cleaning schedule for the kitchen area including equipment.
- Ensures that equipment is in good working order and is turned off at the end of each day.
- Maintains records and plans for future meals
- Plans the day-to-day schedule of what and how much needs to be cooked.
- Completes daily production records with accuracy and timeliness.
- Work on the next day’s production.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Quantity food preparation experience including supervisory experience in a kitchen.
- Working knowledge of state and local food preparation and sanitation regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to read, speak, and understand the English Language
- Knowledge of infection control and safety guidelines
- Must be capable of functioning independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, sit and move throughout the facility during scheduled shift.
- Frequently bend, squat and twist body during an entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to read and write.
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the cook position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.